I spend a lot of time alone in my house. It comes with the territory of being a military spouse. So in order to get out of my own head and get myself feeling excited about doing the things around the house that I hate to do (Dishes I am talking to you!), I have created a playlist called “Feelin’ It” on my Spotify Account.
You can find it here, https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7MPvzGzTEiNF9XqDjMKilJ.
Typically when I have chores to do around the house I will make sure I have my comfy clothes on, which consist of leggings and one of my husbands sweatshirts, then I put on this playlist to get me going and pump me up! I also use this playlist in the car to motivate myself for whatever I am about to do. And I even use some of these songs to help me manifest and develop some positive self talk. Music can be used for a lot of things!!
Without further ado, here is my list of the top ten songs to get you pumped up! For even more ideas, check out my playlist.
- Roaring 20s by Panic! At The Disco
- Bad Girls by M.I.A.
- S.L.U.T. by Bea Miller
- Thumbs by Sabrina Carpenter
- Grow a Pear by Kesha
- M.I.L.F. $ by Fergie
- Last Resort by Papa Roach
- Work Bitch by Britney Spears
- Get Ur Freak On by Missy Elliott
- Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae
Ok, so that wasn’t enough! I am going to add ten more songs that help me get pumped up!
- I Am by Yung Baby Tate
- ‘Til I Collapse by Eminem and Nate Dogg
- Blah Blah Blah by Kesha and 3Oh!3
- She Wolf by Shakira
- All I Do is Win by DJ Khaled, T-Pain, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg and Rick Ross
- Misery Business by Paramore
- The Other Side by Hugh Jackmon, Zac Efron
- Whole Lotta Woman by Kelly Clarkson
- I Just Wanna Live by Good Charlotte
- 1985 by Bowling for Soup
My Feelin’ It playlist has over 180 songs from a wide variety of artists and genres.
Reasons these songs are on my list:
- It is upbeat
- It connects with me
- It helps me get out of my own head and listen to others thoughts and feelings inside the music
- It makes my body move
You can use my list, but I also suggest trying to make your own. Here is a way to start exploring that option!
Ask yourself these questions:
- What songs do I like to dance to?
- What songs remind me of happy moments in my life?
- What sounds relax me?
- What sounds calm me?
- What songs do I know ALL the words to?
Start with those answers and then just add more whenever you can. You’ve got this!
Interested in keeping up to date with what I have going on?
A few times per month you will receive emails with updates, highlights, images and insights. Join my network today!